As a seller on Amazon store, you’ll definitely need to ship goods from China to Amazon FBA, and if you have a good Amazon freight forwarder, it can also help to increase your Amazon sales.
For, for this reason, it is better to find a trusted FBA shipping partner like Winsky Freight, who understands all the shipping logistics to Amazon FBA.
If you want to know more, this guide will help you understand the qualities of the best Amazon freight forwarder and how we can help for your Amazon business.
That said, let’s get started!
1. What Is Amazon Freight Forwarders?
If it’s your are new to Amazon FBA, you might not understand what the Amazon FBA freight forwarder can do for you.
An Amazon FBA freight forwarder is any organization or company that helps Amazon sellers transport goods from their stores to Amazon distribution centers worldwide.
In other words, the Amazon FBA freight forwarder acts as an intermediate between the Amazon sellers and Amazon distribution centers.
The freight forwarders help Amazon sellers arrange the shipping of goods by different shipping ways like DDP air freight, sea freight and train freight.
The good news is that Amazon FBA freight forwarders have good cooperation with various first class Air & Sea Carriers.
Since Amazon FBA freight forwarders understand the shipping logistics from one country to several destinations worldwide, you can rely on their services.
With the help of a competent freight forwarder like Winsky Freight, you don’t need to worry about documentation issues, customs clearance, and transportation issues.
At Winsky Freight, we offer the most reliable and affordable freight forwarding services to ensure you get value at a minimized cost.
We’ll transport your goods to the Amazon distribution center of your choice using the shortest and most convenient route to minimize transportation costs.
2. Do I Need a Freight Forwarder For FBA?
As a manufacturer or seller on Amazon, you’ll have to transport your items from your factory or store to the Amazon warehouse for delivery to customers.
For example, if your business is in China and you are selling products on Amazon, it’s your responsibility to deliver the goods to the designated Amazon fulfillment center.
Normally, it is not easy to arrange the goods shipping from China to Amazon. You have to organize storage and shipping, prepare documentation, and arrange customs clearance.
Handling all the shipment processes and running your business operations can be very overwhelming. That’s why the Amazon FBA freight forwarder comes in to help.
So, do you need a reliable freight forwarder for your Amazon shipping?
The straightforward answer is yes!
Hiring an Amazon FBA freight forwarder to handle the shipping process on your behalf can keep your business running smoothly. You won’t experience delays due to inspections.
Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy by working with an Amazon FBA freight forwarder.
Reduced Shipping Costs
Amazon FBA freight forwarders provide freight forwarding services at competitive prices, making it easy to enjoy affordable shipping prices.
The affordable shipping costs mean that you’ll save more money. Also, your customers will most likely enjoy massive discounts.
Effective Customs Handling
Amazon FBA freight forwarders understand all the implications of shipping to Amazon FBA warehouses, improving their knowledge about customs handling.
For that reason, you don’t have to handle all the shipping paperwork and customs clearance because these tasks can be a real headache.
Instead, let a freight forwarder with a reasonable level of experience, like Winsky Freight, handle all the shipping processes. That will also give you time to focus on other vital tasks.
Established Relationship with Shipping Companies
An Amazon FBA freight forwarder has exceptional relationships with leading shipping companies, making it easier for Amazon sellers to enjoy quality shipping services.
The freight forwarders can make special arrangements with the best shipping companies to help you save on transportation costs.
If you need someone to help you handle banking paperwork and get the right insurance policies for your goods, then an Amazon FBA freight forwarder can be of great help.
All you have to do is inquire about the extra services before hiring a freight forwarder. The good news is that Winsky Freight can deal with all the work for the Amazon shipping.
3. Why is Winsky Freight the Best Amazon FBA Freight Forwarder?
Now that you already know the benefits of working with a reliable Amazon FBA freight forwarder, you need to hire the best freight forwarder, and that’s Winsky Freight.
So, why is Winsky Freight the most outstanding Amazon FBA freight forwarder in China?
At Winsky Freight, we understand all the shipping requirements for Amazon FBA and how to handle all the transportation issues from your factory to Amazon distribution centers.
With our help, you’ll also enjoy extra services, including tax payments, customs clearance, and other services. We minimize all the risks to deliver your goods to Amazon successfully.
Established Network with Shipping Companies
Winsky Freight has an established relationship with leading freight companies, including:
- Aeroflot (SU
- Air China (CA)
- China Southern Airlines (CZ)
- Emirates Crystal Airlines (EY)
- Hong Kong Cathay Pacific (CX)
- Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)
- Singapore Airlines (SQ)
When it comes to express shipping services, you can still count on Winsky Freight. We have a good rapport with the top express delivery companies: UPS, DHL, FedEx, and TNT.
Efficient Delivery of Goods
Our shipping services are highly efficient, allowing us to process your shipping request as early as possible and deliver your goods on time.
Once we receive the request, we book your shipping space early, organize your shipping on time, and help you with customs clearance.
We supervise the entire process to ensure your shipment reaches your preferred Amazon warehouse fast.
4. How Can You Ship from China to Amazon FBA?
Shipping from China to Amazon FBA is not an easy task, but it’s not when you understand the entire shipping process.
So, do you know how to ship from China to Amazon fulfillment centers successfully?
Determine the Restrictions on Your Goods
Before shipping goods to Amazon FBA, you need to determine if import restrictions exist on the goods you transport.
For instance, some goods restricted from transportation to Amazon FBA are alcohol, tobacco, medicine, food, currencies, explosives, and weapons like guns.
Ship A Few Products to Test the Process
If you are unsure about the restrictions on your product, you can test it with a small shipment, especially when introducing a new product.
As you figure out the shipping process, try to determine the benefits and drawbacks of shipping your product of interest.
Select the Best Incoterm for Your Shipment
Incoterms are contracts between a buyer and supplier specifying the terms and conditions for transporting the goods. They deal with the transportation risks.
The most common incoterms used by Amazon FBA freight forwarders are:
- Ex-Works (EXW): This incoterm allows the supplier to deliver goods at their gate. The buyer’s responsibility is to ship the goods from the factory to the Amazon FBA.
- Free Onboard Vessel (FOB): This incoterm works just like FCA. However, the supplier deals with shipment loading and customs clearance and not the buyer.
- Free Carrier (FCA): The supplier’s responsibility is to transport the buyer’s goods from the factory to the preferred port in the supplier’s country. The buyer takes care of shipment loading and customs clearance.
Choose A Reliable Freight Forwarder
Firstly, choose the right Incoterm with your supplier for your shipment, then it’s time to find a good freight forwarder to help for your Amazon shipping and delivery process.
The best freight forwarder has exceptional communication skills and can handle shipments from a Chinese port to Amazon fulfillment centers.
5. How Can Winsky Freight Help You Ship from China to Amazon FBA?
It is easy to work with a FBA Amazon freight forwarder like us, we can get your goods from China to Amazon FBA safely and on time.
Step 1: Contact Us to Get a Free Shipping Quote to Amazon
To get a quote, contact us and provide your package information, supplier’s location, and the FBA requirements to fulfill. Don’t forget to highlight your Amazon shipping name.
Step 2: We contact the Supplier in China for Pick Up
Once we confirm your shipment for delivery to Amazon FBA, we’ll request the supplier to deliver your goods to our shipping warehouse for further processing.
Step 3: We Prepare Documentation Required for Transportation
We’ll get the relevant documents, cargo insurance and prepare import and export customs clearance. Finally, we’ll notify you when your inventory reaches the Amazon warehouse.
Step 4: Release the Goods for International Shipping
Once we get all the documents required for shipping ready, we’ll arrange to transport the goods to Amazon FBA by air freight, rail freight, express freight, or ocean freight.
Step 5: Send to You the Tracking Number
Once we release the goods for transportation to the preferred FBA warehouse, you’ll need to track your cargo’s movement. That’s where the tracking number comes in help.
Step 6: Deliver the Goods to Amazon FBA
Our local agent clears the goods then arranges for the fastest and most convenient delivery to an Amazon fulfillment center through Fed/Ex/UPS, GLS, or DPD.
6. How Much Do Freight Forwarders Charge to Ship to Amazon FBA?
Freight forwarders’ charges vary depending on several factors, including the cargo size and transportation mode. For that reason, different freight forwarders have different costs.
Here are some of the costs that freight forwarders will include in their shipping charges.
- Carrier Costs: You have to pay for the carrier charges, no matter the shipping mode you choose. Usually, sea freight is the cheapest, while air freight is the costliest.
- Cargo Weight and Size: Your cargo’s size and weight will impact freight forwarding costs significantly. Thankfully, your freight forwarder can help you get the costs.
- Container Charges: When shipping by sea or rail, the container costs vary, depending on whether it’s Full Container Load (FCL) or Less than Container Load (LCL). Notably, Winsky Freight specializes in LCL shipping, a cheaper option.
- Insurance Costs: A cargo insurance policy protects your goods from risks that may arise when on transit. For that reason, you need to inquire if your freight forwarder offers cargo insurance. If not, get the cargo insurance from an insurance company.
Packaging Fees: If you want the Amazon FBA freight forwarder to palletize or package the goods to improve safety, you’ll need to pay for the service. Besides, the goods must fulfill all Amazon’s packaging requirements.
7. What Factors Must You Look At When Choosing an Amazon Freight Forwarder?
If you’re looking for the best Amazon FBA freight forwarder in China, there are several factors you must consider, including the shipping cost, delivery time and after-sale service.
Here are the key factors to consider.
Is the freight forwarder familiar with Amazon, the largest online marketplace globally?
Since Amazon requires sellers to adhere to their robust packaging, shipping, and storage requirements, you need a competent freight forwarder who understands the guidelines.
It’s important to ask if the Amazon FBA freight forwarder has the full experience for shiping to Amazon FBA fulfillment centers.
Does the Amazon FBA freight forwarder offer customs clearance services?
The best freight forwarder can handles both the import and export customs clearance on behalf of you. The good news is that Winsky Freight can help you with customs clearance.
As an Amazon seller, inquire if your freight forwarder offers cargo insurance or can help you get the services from a reliable insurance company.
A competent Amazon FBA freight forwarder can help you find the best insurance cover that suits your shipment. Notably, the insurance must cover the basic losses or damage costs.
Another critical factor to consider is whether the freight forwarder can deliver your shipment to your preferred Amazon fulfillment center.
Some freight forwarders might claim that they offer international shipping services even when they don’t. For that reason, it’s always ideal to confirm with your freight forwarder.
8. How Can You Package Your Goods for Shipping to Amazon FBA?
When shipping goods to Amazon FBA, you must package them as per Amazon’s standards.
A plausible reason for packaging the products is to protect them from potential damages during transportation to Amazon distribution centers.
While you should pack goods by yourself, Amazon can do it on your behalf, but at a fee.
Here is how to package your goods for Amazon FBA.
Packaging the Product
Consider packing fragile products using strong carton boxes to protect them from damages. Here are Amazon’s packaging requirements to consider.
- Ensure that the barcodes on the packaging box or polybag are secure and readable
- The FNSKU or barcodes must correspond to the packaged product variations
- The minimum thickness of polybags must be 1.5 millimeters
- Polybags with five-inch openings or more must bear a suffocation warning label
The Product’s Outer Packaging
After packaging the individual products with a polybag or bubble wrap, you need to place them in a master carton, which is the outer packaging.
Here are the requirements for the outer packaging.
- Use a hard carton packaging with 4 layers for maximum protection
- Any side of cartons with standard-size items must not exceed 25 inches and not weigh more than 50 pounds
Pro Tip: Amazon’s packaging policies and requirements can change from time to time. For that reason, always revisit their website to check for updates on the guidelines.
9. What are the Labeling Requirements for Goods Shipped to Amazon FBA?
Labeling your goods can help you avoid transportation delays. However, failure to label the packaging may result in the rejection by Amazon FBA.
Thankfully, the following tips will help you avoid the inconveniences that might arise.
- Individual cartons must have a unique FBA shipping label, which you can generate from your seller central account
- For FNSKU, each packaging must bear a unique barcode, which you can obtain from your seller central account after creating a product listing
Products of different variations, like color and size, must also have unique FNSKUs to ensure the labels match the products packaged
10. What Documents Must Freight Forwarders Provide to Ship to Amazon FBA?
Freight forwarding to Amazon FBA requires a lot of paperwork.
For that reason, it’s essential to get all the relevant documents from your freight forwarder.
Here are the documents you’ll need to ship to Amazon FBA.
Delivery order from the freight forwarder orders the delivery of a cargo to a particular destination. It allows for a prompt delivery of goods to the transporter or warehouseman.
Bill of Lading
This contract is proof of the agreement between a shipper and carrier, and it must always accompany the shipped goods.
Customers will need the Bill of Lading to claim ownership of the shipped products. For that reason, ask your freight forwarder to provide you with the document.
A dock receipt prove that the goods on transit have been received in a warehouse.
The shipping company provides the dock receipt, allowing the shipper to transfer their responsibility of safe shipping to the warehouse person.
A sea waybill acts as a receipt for goods on transit by sea is often based on trust.
Once the products reach their destination, they get approved automatically for delivery.
When shipping the products by air freight, you’ll need an air waybill and not a sea waybill.
Proof of Delivery
Once the delivery order gets signed by the right personnel upon arrival at the destination, the freight forwarder will send you the proof of delivery.
11. What Are the Amazon Warehouse Requirements in the United States, Canada, and Europe?
There are several Amazon warehouses in different countries and their requirements.
Amazon Requirements in Europe
Here are the length and weight requirements by Amazon Europe.
- The maximum weight of each box is 22 kilograms
- Each box weighing 15-22 kilos must have the “Heavy Package” or “Team Lift” mark
- The markings should appear on the top and sides of the box packaging
- Any box holding jewelry or watches weight should keep within 15 kilos
- Each side of a box for standard-sized goods must not exceed 63.5 centimeters
- The size limit of boxes with single SKUs is not clear, but you can check the UPS website for more information on the size limit
Amazon Requirements in the United States and Canada
Here are the weight and length requirements by Amazon in the United States and Canada.
- The standard weight limit of each carton is 50 pounds
- Every single overweight product exceeding 50 pounds must have the “Team Lift” label on the outer box/packaging
- Every single overweight product exceeding 100 pounds must have the “Mech Lift” label on the outer box/packaging
- Every single carton with jewelry or watch must not exceed 40 pounds
- Either side of every carton used to pack various standard-sized goods must not exceed 25 inches (63.5 centimeters)
The size limit of boxes with single SKUs is not clear, but you can check the UPS website for more information on the size limit
Now that you understand the qualities of the best Amazon FBA freight forwarder, you won’t have any problem getting one in China.
The good news is that Winsky Freight has all it takes to transport your goods from China to the preferred Amazon fulfillment center at an affordable price.
Contact us now to get free quotes for your shipment to Amazon FBA centers.