ONE-STOP TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION
EXPRESS, AIR & SEA FREIGHT
DOOR TO DOOR DELIVERY
CHEAPEST SHIPPING FROM CHINA TO CANADA
Shipping from China to Canada
As one of the best freight forwarders for shipping from China to Canada since 2008, Winsky Freight could ship a wide range of goods including furniture, electronics, or even battery product from China to Canada. We provide cheapest Air Freight and Sea freight door-to-door from China to any of the cities in Canada like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, etc.
Relying on the solid strength of the customs clearance agent in Canada, we can provide local customs clearance and high-quality local services for goods shipping to Canada. Whether goods are shipped by air, sea, or express to your private Canada address or shipping to Amazon in Canada, we will make sure your goods arrive in Canada completely and on time.
Winsky freight is one of the best shipping agents from china to Canada, which has branches and agents in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, and other major cities. Contact us today for your next shipment from China to your Canadian destination.
One-stop Shipping Options from China to Canada
Best Freight forwarder from China to Canada
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAYS
“As a small business owner, this was my first big shipment from China. Although I was a little apprehensive at first. The customer service team at Winsky reassured and updated me every step of the shipment. I am really happy with their service”
“I contacted Winsky for express delivery of some time-sensitive documents from China to Canada, and I received the air shipment for Canada in a very timely manner. Thank you very much”
“It was very convenient shipping our office equipment with Winsky from various suppliers in China. The shipment was delivered together and arrived as planned. Very happy with the service provided. When we are ready to do another bulk order, I will contact you again. Thank you.”
“Winsky’s customer service team guided me through my first major shipment, and it was a great experience working with them. Prompt replies and reliable delivery! I can never find someone that is so fast & responsible.”
“I contacted Winsky for an air shipment of Car parts from China to Canada. The customer care team guided me through the whole shipping procedures. It gave me confidence to have you at the end of my emails at every stage of this long process – so I thank you again. Until my next shipment.”
Shipping from China to Amazon FBA Canada
We have extensive knowledge and experience in shipping from China to Canada Amazon with door-to-door service. We can pick up your Amazon goods from the China factory, ship by fast Air freight or economic sea freight, complete the export and import customs clearance process, pay import duty and taxes, then make an appointment with the Canada Amazon fulfillment center before delivery, or use Canada UPS courier to send the cargo directly to the Amazon FBA warehouse, you just need to wait for the goods to be checked in by Amazon. Air freight takes about 7-12 days, below is the Canada Amazon Warehouse we can deliver to:
|Amazon warehouse code||Warehouse address||City||Code|
|YVR1||450 Derwent PL Delta, British Columbia V3M 5Y9||Vancouver||V3M 5Y9|
|YVR2||450 Derwent Place Delta V3M 5Y9||Vancouver||V3M 5Y9|
|YVR3||109 Braid St New Westminster V3L 5H4||New Westminster||V3L 5H4|
|YVR4||4189 Salish Sea Way Tsawwassen BC V4M 0B9||TSAWWASSEN||V4M 0B9|
|YYZ1||6363 Millcreek Drive Mississauga, Ontario L5N 1L8||Mississauga||L5N 1L8|
|YYZ2||2750 Peddie Rd. Milton, Ontario L9T 6Y9||Milton||L9T 0K1|
|YYZ3||7995 Winston Churchill Blvd. Brampton, Ontario L6Y 0B2||Brampton||L6Y 0B2|
|YYZ4||8050 Heritage Road, Brampton, Ontario||Brampton||L6Y 0C9|
|YYZ7||12724 Coleraine Dr||Bolton||L7E 4L8|
|YXX2||16131 Blundell Rd||RICHMOND||V6W 0A3|
|YHM1||110 Aeropark Blvd,HAMILTON,ON,L0R 1W0||HAMILTON||L0R 1W0|
|YOO1||789 Salem Rd N, Ajax, ON L1Z 1G1||Ajax||L1Z 1G1|
|YOW1||5225 Boundary Rd||Navan||K4B 1P6|
|YYC1||293069 Colonel Robertson Way and Crossiron Blvd Calgary, Alberta T4A 1C6 Canada||Calgary||T4A 1C6|
|YEG1||1440 39 AVE Nisku, AB T9E 0B4 CA||Edmonton||T9E 0B4|
|YUL2||3000 Rue Louis A Amos||Lachine||H8T 3P8|
Which shipping way should I choose for shipping from China to Amazon in Canada?
1. For goods within 21KG, we recommend shipping by express delivery; such as DHL, UPS, and FedEx, the shipping speed is fast, and express delivery is reservation-free to amazon, so it is suitable for emergency replenishment. But we should note that Amazon is not responsible for customs clearance and tax payment, so you must complete the import customs clearance, and pay the duties to Express companies.
2. China Special airlines to Canada: Goods are shipped to Canada by China Airlines, then delivered to Amazon warehouse by local express like UPS. The delivery is fast, slightly slower than direct express delivery, and end delivery of express is very convenient for shipping to Canada Amazon. At present, the Special airline to Canada on the market is DDP one-stop service, the cost is very economical, and you don’t need to pay tariffs and customs clearance, etc.
3. China Special sealine to Canada: goods shipped by Sea carrier in advance, after the boat arrives, a local agent in Canada finishes the import customs clearance and duties, picks up the container from the port to Canada’s overseas warehouse, de-consolidate, delivery the goods to the destination in Canada Amazon, before the goods sent to Amazon, generally it needed to be booked for the storage, and the operation is more troublesome than express delivery, sea shipping takes a little long time about 40 days total from China to Canada, but is much cheaper than air freight and is suitable for non-urgent cargo.
FAQ for Shipping from China to Canada
Any item sent via air freight or sea freight to Canada may be subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST) and/or duty. You do not have to pay GST on the following goods that are imported into Canada: goods worth CAN$20 or less, gifts from family members or friends who live abroad when the worth is CAN$60 or less.
When you send a package to Canada from China, you will be required to complete the custom clearance documents like Commercial Invoice and packing list, but don’t worry because when you ship to Canada with us, this is all taken care of as part of our working process.
For courier services, such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, TNT USPS. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days from China to Canada, and it is the fastest way shipping to US.
For Air Freight, Takes about 7-12 days but it ship to airport only and is cheaper than courier service and it suitable for heavier goods.
For Sea Freight, normally takes around 25-45 days, Sea freight shipping times have several factors that would affect the time of delivery. These factors include but are not limited to customs inspection, weather, transport truck and employment delays.
We’ve negotiated discount shipping rates with the biggest and most trustworthy carriers, including HU Airlines, CA Airlines, CZ Airlines, EK airlines, Express company like UPS, DHL, FedEx, TNT and many more. The cheapest way to send a package from China to Canada is through Winsky. You can save up to 70% on shipping by comparing rates and services. Publish real-time shipping rates and save money every time you ship to Canada.
The shipping cost from China to Canada varies, depending on the size of your package and how quickly you want it to get there, different ways of cost is not the same, like ePacket shipping from China to Canada, the cost is around US$2 per 100g for small pacels, air freight cost around US$3-5/Kg for goods above 45Kg.
The shipping cost would be increased in peak season after October each year. Winsky freight offers some of the cheapest rates available. We regularly review our prices and our discounted shipping rates to Canada are cheaper than if you booked directly with a Express company.
Shipping from China to Canada Procedures:
Complete Guide | Shipping from China to Canada
Are you importing goods from China to Canada? It might feel overwhelming if you don’t know the procedure. But since you’ve come to the right place, we’ll guide you accordingly.
This guide explores the basics of shipping from China to Canada, including the shipping options you can choose, import custom clearance requirement, shipping time to Canada. You’ll also learn how to find the best freight forwarder in China.
Let’s get started!
- Types of Shipping from China to Canada
- Incoterms for Shipping from China to Canada
- Import Rules and Regulations in Canada
- How to Import Goods from China to Canada?
- Air Shipping from China to Canada
- Sea Shipping from China to Canada
- Express Shipping from China to Canada
- Amazon Shipping from China to Canada
- What is the Shipping Cost from China to Canada?
- how long is shipping from china to canada？
- How to Find a Reliable Freight Forwarder in China？
- How to Ship From China to Canada with Winsky Freight?
- How to Track Your Shipment from China to Canada?
1. Types of Shipping from China to Canada
When exporting or importing items from China to Canada, find a reliable freight solution. Notably, there are three primary means of shipping from China to Canada, namely:
- Air freight from Chin to Canada
- Sea freight from China to Canada
- Express freight from China to Canada
Now, let’s explore this three shipping methods.
Air Freight from China to Canada
Air freight is generally faster than sea freight, even though it is more costly. When you ship goods by air, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll receive them in a few days.
At Winsky Freight, we offer international air freight services from China to Canada to care for your shipping needs. Our air freight services are fast, safe, and efficient.
We’ve established a good rapport with several international air carriers that offer air transportation services from China to major airports in Canada.
Note that our air freight rates are competitive. We look for the best shipping routes with a determination to offer you the best prices and shortest waiting time.
Sea Freight from China to Canada
Are you considering shipping your goods by ocean or sea freights? At Winsky Freight, our ocean freight from China to Canada is affordable, reliable, and safe.
We specialize in LCL sea cargo transportation and ocean freight forwarding services from China ports to Canada ports. You can ship any LCL cargo at affordable rates.
With our LCL shipping services, we’ll dispatch your goods as soon as they get ready, no matter their size. We won’t wait until you get a full container to release the goods.
Winsky Freight ocean freight services cover booking, warehousing, loading, transit, inspections, customs declaration, and insurance services. We also offer consolidation services.
Express Shipping from China to Canada
Express shipping is a door-to-door delivery service offered by prominent couriers such as DHL, UPS, EMS, FedEx, and TNT. It has many benefits over air and sea freights:
Here are some of the advantages of express shipping from China to Canada.
The fastest way to ship commercial goods from China to Canada
- It’s a door-to-door service, meaning it doesn’t involve third-party logistics
- Quoted prices are all-inclusive; the final quote covers taxes and customs duties
- Ideal for small items that need to be transported as fast as possible
Note that you’ll enjoy all the benefits of express shipping at a cost. It is the most costly way to ship goods from China to Canada, considering how fast you’ll receive the goods.
When considering express shipping from China, work with Winsky Freight, a reliable freight forwarder in China.
We offer international express freight forwarding services, such as EMS, DHL, FedEx, TNT, and UPS, to small and large companies.
Our worldwide agent network is highly reliable as it allows us to deliver overseas goods faster. We’ll take care of your shipment from suppliers to your warehouse or doorstep.
2. Incoterms for Shipping from China to Canada
Incoterms are the rules and regulations that allow importers and exporters to pinpoint each other’s responsibilities when shipping commercial goods.
With the incoterms, both parties can identify situations where they’ll share transportation risks and costs. Incoterms also pinpoints who is responsible for customs clearance.
Incoterms are essential tools in every shipping process. When you’re shipping from China, a freight forwarder will use incoterms to ease the shipping process.
What are the Different Types of Incoterms in China?
The most common incoterms used by many people to ship goods from China to Canada include Ex Works (EXW) and Free on Board (FOB).
EX Works (EXW)
Sellers fulfill their delivery obligation by making the goods available at their premises for the buyer. The seller isn’t responsible for clearing the items for export.
The buyer should clear the goods for shipment and arranging for carriage and insurance. With this incoterm, the seller has minimum obligations during shipments.
Free on Board (FOB)
The seller’s obligation ends when the goods pass across the ship’s rail at the specified port of shipment. The buyer assumes the risks of loss or damage from that point.
The sellers in China must clear the commercial goods for export. Note that this incoterm is only applicable for ocean freight.
Other incoterms used in China include:
- Free Carrier (FCA)
- Free Alongside Ship (FAS)
- Cost and Freight (CFR)
- Carriage Paid To (CPT)
- Cost, Insurance, and Freight (CIF)
- Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP)
- Delivered at Place (DAP)
- Delivered at Terminal (DAT)
- Delivered Duty Paid (DDP)
3. Import Rules and Regulations in Canada
Before you ship goods from China to Canada, you need to acquaint yourself with all the import rules and regulations in Canada.
Here are the requirements you should know.
Importation Requirements in Canada
Importing into Canada can be very easy and profitable if you fulfill all the requirements. If you plan to import commercial goods, you must first get a Canadian business license.
You can’t start importing goods into Canada without getting accredited by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to do so. Failing to acquire a license may land you problems.
Here are the other requirements to import commercial goods into Canada.
- Import business number from the CRA
- Value of duty for the goods being imported
- Specifications of the goods you plan to import
- Labeling and marking of goods as required by the CRA
- Method of shipping you intend to use to import the goods
- Invoices, certificates of origin, and other essential documents
Restricted Importations in Canada
When you plan to import restricted goods into Canada, you must acquire the necessary permits and approvals before importing them.
Get the documents from the relevant Canadian agencies to find more information regarding your imports.
Here are some of the restricted importations in Canada.
- Alcoholic products
- Apparel and textiles
- Endangered species
- Explosives, flares, and fireworks
- Foods and hazardous products
- Prescription medicines
- Some steel and agricultural products
Prohibited Importations in Canada
Prohibited goods are those that the Government of Canada has banned from getting imported into the country.
When you import prohibited items into Canada, customs may turn away the goods at the ports or hold them. You wouldn’t want that.
Here are some of the prohibited importations in Canada.
- Firearms and weapons
- Pornographic and obscene materials
- Counterfeit products
- Second-hand mattresses
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- White phosphorus matches
- Coins and cash
- Medical samples
Product Safety Requirements in Canada
When shipping goods from China into Canada, you must ensure that they comply with Canada’s safety requirements. Canada prohibits the importation of unsafe products.
The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) controls all consumer goods shipped into Canada for commercial purposes. You have to comply with its regulations.
The CCPSA prohibits importers from importing consumer products that pose risks to human health and safety. You must obtain the safety information for your imports.
Another act that ensures the safety of imported goods is the Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act. It prohibits importers from misrepresenting goods that mislead consumers.
For instance, Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) issues labels that importers must appropriately use on goods imported into the country.
The two authorized Canadian agencies require you to appropriately label the commercial consumer goods before leaving China for import into Canada.
Note that the labels must indicate the net quantity of the items, which must be in metric forms, such as weight for solid goods and volume for gas or liquid products.
Most importantly, the labels must be bilingual: French and English. If shipping the goods to a French-speaking province like Quebec, give more priority to the French language.
Import Taxes and Duties in Canada
When shipping from China to Canada, duties, and taxes should be the first factors to consider. You must pay GST and customs duty before importing goods into the country.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) collects import taxes and duties. Since imports have different taxes and duties, you need to know what to pay for your goods.
Any product imported to Canada is subject to a duty charge called Goods and Services Tax (GST). You’ll pay a 5% GST tax on the total value of goods imported into Canada.
Note that the CBSA will calculate the duties you owe based on the current value of the goods in Canadian currency.
Tax and duty rates vary depending on the country of origin and the types of goods you intend to import.
Other rates such as excise taxes and excise duties may also apply, depending on the goods’ nature or their value. For instance, luxury items may be subject to excise tax.
You don’t have to pay the GST for imports worth CAN$20 or less. Gifts worth CAN$60 from friends and family members living abroad are exempt from the tariff charges.
Documents for Shipping from China to Canada
Now that you know some of the restrictions and requirements for importing into Canada from China, you need to obtain all the necessary importation documents.
Here are the documents that the CBSA requires you to have to ship goods to Canada.
- Arrival Notice
- Bill of Lading
- Canada Customs Invoice
- Cargo Control Document (CCD)
- Commodity specific documentation
- Customs Bond
- Import permits and certificates
- Packing List
- Shipper’s Export Declaration (SED)
4. How to Import Goods from China to Canada?
Incredibly, you know all the documents you must acquire when shipping goods from China to Canada. So what next!
Here is a step-by-step guide for importing goods from China to Canada.
Step 1: Obtain a Business Number from the CRA
Before you ship commercial goods from China to Canada, you’ll have to get a Business Number (BN) from the Canada Revenue Agency.
You can obtain the BN from the CRA in a few minutes, as the account is free of charge. To get the Business Number, visit the CRA’s Business Registration Online.
Step 2: Apply for an Import Permit/License in Canada
Once you get the business number from the CRA, you need to get the relevant licenses and permits required to import goods into Canada.
According to provisions in the Export and Import Permits Act, the Trade Controls and Technical Barrier Bureau issues permits and certificates to import goods into Canada.
Step 3: Identify the Goods you intend to Import from China
Gather much information about the goods you plan to import, like product composition. You can even provide product samples whenever possible.
The product information will help the CBSA determine the goods’ tariff classification numbers. It is this number that will determine the duty rate to be applied to the goods.
Besides accurately describing the goods you intend to import into Canada, you have to ensure that they are legal in the country. Are the goods restricted or prohibited?
Step 4: Acquire Special Permits for Restricted Imports in Canada
Canada restricts the importation of some commodities into the country, such as alcoholic beverages and textiles. To import the items, you must obtain a special permit.
Confirm if the goods you plan to import are subject to restrictions. The CBSA provides a list of commodities that require special permits to be imported into Canada.
Step 5: Hire a Reputable Freight Forwarder to Ship the Goods to Canada
It’s essential to work with a reputable freight forwarder from China to Canada. A freight forwarder will act as a link between you and the carrier of your choice.
The good news is freight forwarders provide a vast range of freight services, such as shipping advice to shippers. They also offer packaging and warehousing services.
If you have to ship goods from China to Canada by yourself, you’ll have to deal with many companies to get your cargo in Canada.
You’ll also consider factors like the shipping methods you plan to use, the safety of the goods, customs, and documentation handling. Doing all that can be very overwhelming.
By hiring a freight forwarder to ship your goods, you’ll only deal with one company to ship goods from China to Canada. You’ll enjoy high-quality services and save money.
Winsky Freight is an excellent example of a reliable freight forwarder in China. We offer 30 days of free warehousing and competitive quotes to help you save more money.
Step 6: Find a Licensed Customs Broker to Take You Through the Process
If you are considering working with a customs broker, hire a reputable agent to help you facilitate the shipping process. Customs brokers carry out customs-related tasks.
A licensed customs broker will help you get the relevant customs documents required by the CBSA. They also arrange payments for custom duties and taxes.
Step 7: Find Out the Canada Import Duties for Goods from China
Now that you know the import taxes and duties in Canada, you need to determine if your imports are subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST), excise duty, or excise tax.
The type and value of your goods will influence the amount of money you should pay for taxes. For instance, the 5% GST is payable for most goods imported into Canada.
5. Air Freight from China to Canada
“Airfreight is 3 ~ 5 times quicker than sea freight, but it is also way costlier.”
When we say Airfreight is the fastest, it means that it is quicker than trains, ships, vehicles, and other modes of transportation. When choosing airfreight, you can choose either shipping;
- Airport to Airport service
- Door to Door service
In Airport to Airport delivery, you need to take care of Custom Paperwork & fees yourself when Cargo arrives at your Canada Airport, and only then will goods be released to you. While in the Door delivery option, your freight forwarder will handle the Paperwork and import fees.
It should be noted that Airfreight is the second quickest method when it comes to speed because at first stands the Express delivery. In Airfreight, you must deliver the products at the airport, book your cargo, and then hand it over to the airplane, which takes time.
While in the case of Express delivery, the courier has well-established staff, from loading laborers to airlines to moving vehicles, and they don’t waste time in paperwork or deciding on options. Plus, they pick up your cargo from the factory, or you can deliver goods to their nearest shop, which is way faster.
Airfreight is no matter very fast, but it can cost you a lot, especially if your cargo is heavy. So, only choose Air Cargo Shipping if you need your goods quickly, and the overall weight is between 150 kg and 500 kg.
However, when choosing Air freight shipping services, there are many ways you can cut your costs down, like;
1) Pack As light As You Can
2) Always Book in Advance
3) Choose the Best Airports
4) Indirect Routes are Cheaper
5) Choose the Best Air Company
By best Airline, we mean not the cheapest ones because if they are the cheapest, they also have disadvantages like late deliveries, improper handling, etc. So, always choose someone within an average price range.
Below are the suggestion of some Reliable Airlines in China;
- CA Airlines
- CK Airlines
- EK Airlines
- AA Airlines
- AC Airlines
Before choosing the air freight shipping mode, identify the origin airports in China and the destination airports in Canada. That will help to ensure a smooth shipping process.
Now, let’s look at the major airports in both China and Canada.
Major Airports in China to Canada
As the world’s number one exporter, China is home to several international airports. It’s vital to select an airport that guarantees your cargo’s safety, especially during delays.
That said, the following are the major airports in China to Canada.
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Changsha Huanghua International Airport
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
- Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- Hangzhou Xiao Shan International Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Qingdao Liuting International Airport
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport
- Shijiazhuang Zhengding International Airport
- Tianjin Binhai International Airport
- Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
- Xi’an Xianyang International Airport
While the airports listed above can be your origin airport when shipping to Canada, they are present in different cities. So, you need to select wisely to avoid inconveniences.
Major Airports in Canada
Now that you know the main airports in China, it is vital to be conversant with the international airports in Canada.
So, what are the places your cargo can land in Canada?
Here are the main airports in Canada from China.
- Calgary International Airport
- Montreal-Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
The other international airports that can receive shipments from China include:
- Billy Bishop Toronto city international airports
- Edmonton international airport
- Halifax Stanfield international airport
- Ottawa MacDonald Cartier international airport
- Winnipeg James Armstrong international airport
You can collect your cargo from China at any of the airports listed above. But before you select any of the airports, confirm if they handle the goods you plan to import.
6. Sea freight from China to Canada
Sea Freight is the cheapest but the slowest mode of transportation.
your goods are packed in a container and loaded on a Ship for shipment. As ocean ships can carry thousands of containers in one go, their rates are pretty low, but as you know, they move very slowly in water, so you can expect a delivery time of more than a month or even two in peak seasons.
Sea Freight is only good when your goods weigh more than 500 kg. And, of course, only choose sea freight if you are not in a hurry. In the case of sea freight, it is best to plan order production and deliver them 2 ~ 3 months earlier before you need them so you can get them in the sale season.
Another important thing you will encounter in Sea freight is choosing between what kind of Container service you want, like an LCL or FCL, which are;
- LCL,also known as “Less than Container Load,” is a shipment in which your goods are loaded with other people’s goods in the same container. This method is chosen when your products cannot fill a 1-full container. LCL shipping freight method is costlier than FCL.
- FCL, also known as “Full Container Load,” is a mode of shipment in which your goods are loaded in a single personal container, and no sharing with other people happens. FCL mode is cheaper than LCL, but only if your goods are big enough to fill a 1-whole container.
You’ll save more money when you opt for a reliable sea freight shipping service. It gets even better when you are conversant with the ports to ship the goods from and to.
That said, let’s look at the main seaports in both China and Canada.
Major Seaports in China to Canada
So what are the seaports that offer international shipping services in China to Canada?
As you select the seaport of origin in China, consider the shipping distance.
But why should you do that?
The shipping distance will influence the cost of sea freight significantly.
Since the distance from China to Canada is very long, it makes more sense to use seaports that offer the shortest distance between the two countries.
We recommend that you use the following seaports to ship goods from China.
- Dalian seaport
- Hong Kong seaport
- Port of Shenzhen
- Port of Ningbo
- Qingdao seaport
- Shanghai seaport
- Tianjin port
- Xiamen seaport
Above these are the main seaports in China, they have modern facilities and advanced cargo handling equipment.
Major Seaports in Canada
Canada also has several seaports that allow the entry of goods from China. However, the seaports are relatively smaller than those in China.
While there are over 100 seaports in Canada, we recommend the following.
- Port of Halifax
- Port Metro Vancouver
- Port of Montreal
- Port of Prince Rupert
The four seaports boast large container terminals and improved security surveillance.
You’ll rest easy knowing that your cargo is safe upon arrival in the ports.
Sea Shipping Companies from China to Canada
Choosing the best carrier to ship your goods is as vital as selecting the best seaport.
That said, consider choosing the carrier that can fulfill all your shipping needs.
So, which shipping companies offer sea freight shipping from China to Canada?
For reliable shipping services from China to Canada, consider these companies:
- APL: The America President Lines offer scheduled shipping services between Asia and parts of North America.
- COSCO: The China Ocean Shipping Company is a popular shipping company for ferrying goods from China to Canada.
- Hapag Lloyd: This German shipping company offers competitive shipping rates for goods leaving China for your preferred destination in Canada.
- Maersk Line: This is the largest container shipping company worldwide. It offers safe, reliable, and fast shipping services from China to Canada.
- MSC: Mediterranean Shipping Company is a Swiss-Italian international shipping company operating in major seaports worldwide, including China and Canada.
7. Express Shipping from China to Canada
“Express Freight is the fastest but also the costliest delivery method.”
Express Freight means the door-to-door delivery service which Courier Companies offers, like DHL, FedEx, UPS, EMS, etc.
These companies have offices or linked representatives in every City across the Globe, Close Agreements with Airlines, their Custom Clearance Teams, in-land vehicles, and a labour force, which enable them to deliver products even faster than standard Airfrieght.
It is no doubt that Express delivery couriers take care of packing, hefty loading and unloading, but they do that at a very high price. If you look at their prices, they are like 3 ~ 10 times more costly than Sea & Air freight.
One of the most important benefits of Express Couriers is that you don’t have to mess with hefty Custom Clearance because they have special customs Teams, which handle all the Paperwork and will also take care of customs duties, which they will add to their bill.
Express Freight is only best if you want to deliver small packages like documents, sample products, luggage, and other urgently required items. If you have heavy cargo below 300 kg and want to deliver it quickly, consider the Airfreight method before choosing Express delivery.
Courier Shipping Companies from China to Canada
To maximize the benefits of express shipping services, select the best courier company to fulfill your needs. That’s because there are many express shipping companies.
So, which companies offer reliable international express shipping services?
Consider the following companies for safe delivery of packages.
DHL Express from china to canada
DHL Express is the world’s most famous, reliable, and fastest courier service at present, the delivery is about 2-5 days pick up from China manufacturer and deliver to your Canada doorsteps.
|DHL Express||2 ~ 5 Work Days||$8 ~ $15 / KG|
Compared to other Express Couriers, like FedEx, UPS, and so on, DHL shipping prices are sometimes higher and sometimes lower, depending on product type, weight and volume, shipping seasons. But if you have no problem with money and want quick & reliable delivery, DHL can be your best option. As you can see, DHL costs about $8 ~ $15 per kg of shipment, while sea freight costs only $1 or less if you are shipping in bulk.
8. Amazon Shipping from China to Canada
With the unprecedented growth in e-commerce businesses, Amazon FBA shipping from China to Canada has become popular. Why should you choose Amazon FBA shipping?
Benefits of Amazon FBA Shipping
Amazon FBA shipping is an excellent way to ship products directly to customers without worrying about the shipping or handling procedure.
It’s also an incredible way to lower the competitive advantage of big companies that sell through Amazon, helping you scale your business and boost income.
The Amazon FBA shipping program can also be beneficial if you don’t have enough storage space for goods. Amazon can store your products on site.
However, shipping from china to amazon FBA Canada may not be as easy as it seems if you don’t understand the process.
Let’s find out how it works!
How does Amazon FBA Shipping Works?
Most Amazon sellers usually source their products from China because they are cheaper and readily available in large quantities.
You only need to select your products of choice and where specifically you want to ship them into Canada. An Amazon FBA shipping agent from China to Canada will help you.
You have to do everything the right way, from sourcing the products to booking your shipping space. Most importantly, select a reliable freight forwarder like Winsky Freight.
However, some Canadians entrust suppliers to ship their goods directly to their Amazon addresses as this option seems more convenient than working with freight forwarders.
The truth is, suppliers at Amazon will still have to look for a Chinese freight forwarder to ship your goods. You’ll pay hefty fees and get a slow response for your goods’ status.
To leverage the shipping costs and ensure a smooth shipping process, select a reliable freight forwarding company of your choice.
When shipping to Amazon FBA Canada, you can use either sea freight or air freight, depending on the size and volume of your goods.
For urgent deliveries, consider air freight over sea freight because it offers fast and reliable Amazon shipping from China to Canada. Delays are minimal.
Why Winsky Freight is the Best Amazon Freight Forwarder in China?
As the best Amazon freight forwarder in China, Winsky Freight can help you ship goods from China to the Amazon FBA warehouse of your choice in Canada.
AT Winsky Freight, we help ease the stress that usually accompanies shipping items to Amazon fulfillment centers. By hiring us, you don’t need to worry about anything.
We ensure that your shipment meets all Amazon’s quality, packaging, and labeling requirements. You can rest assured that your goods will reach their destination safely.
We’ll help you handle your import customs clearance and taxes. Contact us if you need help with your shipping from China to Amazon FBA Canada at affordable costs.
9. What is the Shipping Cost from China to Canada?
Well, shipping your cargo from China to Canada involves particular factors that affect the overall cost. So how much does shipping cost?
Here are the factors to look at when determining the shipping cost from China to Canada.
- Shipping Distance: The shipping distance will significantly affect the shipping cost. And honestly, it’s a long way from China to Canada, making it costly.
- Size and Weight of Cargo: Shipping large-sized goods tend to be costlier than light ones. Each carrier has size and weight limitations for the goods they ship.
- Delivery Times: While the distance can influence delivery times, air freights and express deliveries are usually more costly than sea freight due to fast delivery.
- Surcharges: These are the additional costs incurred on top of the base rate. If the shipment requires more effort, time, and paperwork, you’ll have to pay more
- Dimensional Weight: This refers to an actual pricing technique that considers the size and dimensions of an item to determine the shipping cost.
- Taxes and Duties: For shipping to Canada, your shipment will be subject to taxes and duties. Consult your carrier for more details on the taxes.
However, in order to give you a rough estimate, we will give you some examples of various methods, such as;
- Sea freight Shipping Costs
- Airfreight Shipping Costs
- Express Delivery Costs
Sea freight Shipping Costs – 2023
Sea Freight is always the cheapest option in terms of money if you are shipping goods from China to Canada. In Sea freight, you will find 2-kinds of container load options;
In LCL,you don’t have to pay for the whole container; you can load your goods besides other people’s goods in one container, and you just have to pay for your place. But, In a Sharing LCL container, companies charge more per person.
|LCL||China to Canada|
|Vancouver||$45-$140 per CBM|
|Toronto||$70-$150 per CBM|
|Montreal||$85-$160 per CBM|
In FCL, you are booking a full container ( 20ft or 40 ft ) and paying for it. All the container is yours, and you can load anything in it until it’s full or leave it empty. Choosing a full container is always cheaper ( FCL ) is always cheaper than sharing it with others ( LCL ) if you have enough goods to fill it completely.
|To Canada||20 ft Container
(average price )
|40 ft Container
(average price )
|From Hong Kong||$2250||$3380|
Air freight cost from China to Canada – 2023
Airfreight is the cost-effective option if you want your goods delivered very quickly. It is far cheaper than Express Delivery. The price per Kg in air shipments depends on how heavy your goods are; if they are heavier, you will get a lower wholesale price.
Air Freight is suitable for goods that have a weight of over 100 kg, as you can see below;
|0 ~ 45 kg||$10-$15 per Kg|
|45 ~ 100 kg||$7-$12 per Kg|
|100 ~ 300 kg||$5-$11 per Kg|
|300 ~ 500 kg||$5-$10 per Kg|
If you want to get the accurate and best shipping cost for your shipment, pls contact the Winsky Freight expert for further help.
Express Shipping Rates from China to Canada – 2023
Express Shipping rates depend from Company to Company, Cargo Nature, Size, Weight, and season to season. In short, there are no fixed rates for Express shipping, but one thing that is fixed for sure is that it is the costliest of all shipping methods.
The most famous companies that offer reliable & quick shipping services are DHL, FedEx, UPS, and so on. Below is the table of their average price list;
|Carrier||Cost / Kg|
|DHL||$7-$18 per Kg|
|UPS||$6-$13 per Kg|
|FedEx||$6-$12 per Kg|
What is the Cheapest Shipping from China to Canada?
It is without a doubt, the cheapest shipment is Ocean Freight, then come Airfreight and, at last, Express couriers.
Many aspects can affect the price per kg, like Product type, size, weight, origin-to-destination distance, and so on. But if you want to get a rough estimation, you can read below;
- Sea Freight can cost you about $0.1 to $3 per kg.
- Air Freight rates vary from $5 ~ $15 per kg.
- Express Freight rates start from $6 ~ $18 per kg.
Tips for Keeping down the Shipping Costs from China to Canada
If you find the shipping cost too expensive, look for ways to save money. Thankfully, we’ve prepared a few tips to help you reduce the shipping cost.
Here are the tips for finding the cheapest shipping from China to Canada.
- Ship your goods during off-peak when the shipping prices are low
- Review your shipping options and select one that’s within your budget
- Book your shipping space early to receive the discounts offered by carriers
- Don’t leave large shipments with the supplier for long as that may be costly
- Work with a freight forwarder that offers cheap shipping, like Winsky Freight
- Take full advantage of the suppliers’ perks, such as discounts and free deliveries
10. How long is shipping from China to Canada?
Shipping time from China to Canada depends on many factors, like;
- Service Mode ( Port-to-Port, Port-to-Door, or Door-to-Door )
- Custom Clearance Time
- Port Congestion Situation
- Vessel Departure Delay ( if it happens )
- Weather Conditions ( Storms, Rains, etc., may cause delays )
If all conditions are ideal, then you can expect the following days time for your shipment to arrive;
|Port to Port||Door to Door|
|Air Freight||4 – 7 days||6 – 13 days|
|Sea Freight (LCL)||20 – 35 days||35 – 65 days|
|Sea Freight (FCL)||18 – 32 days||40 – 55 days|
|Express Freight||–||2-5 days|
However, if weather conditions are not right, especially in sea shipping, or there is port congestion in peak season, then you may have to wait 7 ~ 30 days extra for your goods to deliver to you.
And in Canada, port congestion has become a normal problem in recent years, and no matter the shipping company or method, you will probably have to face delays. So, it is best to always plan ahead to avoid business losses.
Factors Affecting the Shipping Time from China to Canada
The shipping time is the duration a consignment takes to reach the intended destination.
Well, everyone is looking for shipping companies that can deliver their shipments in good time.
However, many factors can influence the shipping time, including weather, port congestion, the seasons for shipping: peak season and low season.
During peak seasons, many goods need to get shipped from China to Canada.
That will tighten the shipping space, lengthening the waiting time for your goods to get shipped.
Further more, if weather conditions are not right, especially in sea shipping, or there is port congestion in peak season, then you may have to wait 7 ~ 30 days extra for your goods to deliver to you.
And in Canada, port congestion has become a normal problem in recent years, and no matter the shipping company or method, you will probably have to face delays. So, it is best to always plan ahead to avoid business losses.
11. How to Find a Reliable Freight Forwarder in China?
Now, you know the factors that can affect shipping time and costs, but you cannot ship your goods.
Well, consider working with a reliable freight forwarder from China to Canada. Freight forwarders have good relations with most shipping and logistics service companies.
Should you select a freight forwarder in China or Canada? Well, working with a forwarder in any of the two nations has unique risks and opportunities.
Thankfully, a Chinese freight forwarder will offer you more opportunities and a few or no risks. They understand China market more than the forwarders operating in Canada.
Factors to Consider to Find a Reputable Freight Forwarder in China
We all know how challenging choosing a freight forwarder can be when you don’t know what to look for during the search. Here are the factors to consider.
- Forwarder’s Credentials: Does the Chinese government license the freight forwarder? A business license assures you that the company is legal.
- Cargo Tracking Systems: A good forwarder has an effective cargo tracking system to update your shipment progress in real-time.
- Forwarder’s Official Website: Visit the freight forwarder’s official website to look for the necessary information about their services and costs.
- Insurance Plan: Does the freight forwarding company has a good insurance plan? An insurance plan ensures that you get compensated in case of damages.
Having known the factors, you don’t need to search further than Winsky Freight. We are the most reliable and reputable freight forwarding company in China.
We understand the shipping industry both in China and in Canada. With our help, you can enjoy better shipping prices and faster delivery services.
Why Ship from Winsky Freight?
Whether you want Sea Freight, Air Freight, or Express Delivery, we, Winsky Freight, can be the best solution for you. If you live in another country and don’t know anything about booking your shipment, moving the goods to port, preparing paperwork, or handling customs agents, don’t worry because we will handle all.
Moreover, we have booked places in all sea & air freight companies, so you will be able to get a place even in peak seasons. And that’s not all. With our representatives in customs of every country, we will help to clear your shipment very quickly.
Plus, as compared to our Competitors, our Prices are the most competitive, which will help you manage your budget and earn more profits.
12. How to Ship From China to Canada with Winsky Freight?
Shipping from China into Canada might seem challenging, but it’s not when you work with Winsky Freight. We’ll take you through the entire process if you do the following:
- Give us your supplier’s contact information before the goods are ready. Such details include their phone number and email address.
- Alternatively, give the supplier our contact information. When we get into contact, we’ll arrange the pickup from the supplier to our shipping warehouse.
- Please remember to ask the suppliers to label your name or company on your cartons or cargo. They should also provide the commercial invoice that has your delivery information for shipping and the declaration information.
- Once the goods arrive in our warehouse, we will check their exact weights and dimensions and confirm them with you.
- We’ll arrange the shipping invoice for payment confirmation.
- To ship the goods by air/sea freight, we’ll arrange for export customs clearance then send you the freight tracking number and tracking website.
- Once the goods arrive at the intended airport or seaport in Canada, you or your agent can finish the import custom and duty. If the shipping is DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), our overseas agent in Canada will finish the import custom tax for you.
- Once the customs clearance is finished, you can pick up the goods from the airport/seaport. For DDP shipping, our overseas agent in Canada will deliver the goods to the local UPS that will finally deliver them to your Canada address.
13.How to Track Your Shipment from China to Canada?
You can track your order progress from the Shipment Company Official Website. For example, if you ship your parcel via DHL, then go to their website, click on a track, write your tracking number ( which will be written on the bill slip ), and you will know where your package currently is.
However, it is important that not all companies give tracking information, and even if they give, it is not guaranteed it is accurate or up-to-date. Of course, if you choose reputable companies, you will definitely get accurate tracking information.
The best way to get accurate tracking information that doesn’t maintain their websites is to call their representative and ask verbally.
Conclusion: Ship Your Goods from China to Canada Affordably
Shipping from China to Canada can be effortless and affordable when you do it the right way, such as hiring a reliable freight forwarder like Winsky Freight.
If you want to import any products from China, pls don’t hesitate to contact us for the best shipping service to Canada.